If the family is happy, you can relax – right?!
Our holidays in the French Alps are ideal for families with teenagers. Throughout August (03, 10, 17 & 24), we have a dedicated Youth Worker running engaging activities exclusively for teens aged 12-17.
The local area of Les Menuires has an abundance of activities on offer. We would recommend purchasing the multi-activity card to make the most of your holiday. At €47 per person for a week, it is incredibly good value! This card gives you admission to the Les Menuires sports centre, unlimited use of the summer chair lifts and opportunities to participate in outside sports such as archery, volleyball and trampolining.
There are plenty of opportunities for youth to have their own independence during the holiday. By using the free bus from Reberty to get into the local town of Les Menuires, you and the family can enjoy browsing the shops and sampling the crêpes of the local cafés, before returning to hang out at the chalet and make the most of the hot tubs!
In the mornings, our Youth Workers run an exciting programme including den building, scavenger hunts and table tennis tournaments. Then, later in the afternoon, there will be opportunities to enjoy activities with the rest of the guests. For example, this could include a BBQ down at the sun trap Plan d’Eau, where there are meltwater streams to paddle in and a zip wire over the lake.
Our Youth Workers have a passion for young adults and will ensure that your family is not only given one of your most memorable holidays ever but also that you are in a safe environment, able to fully relax in the knowledge that everything is sorted and everyone is enjoying themselves!
Activities during your holiday may include:
- Travelling to the mountain tops using the ski lifts, where you can enjoy panoramic views - which also make for great Instagram posts!
- If you love an adrenaline rush, why not try Mountain biking? In Les Menuires, you can easily hire a bike and helmet. Use chair lifts to take your bike up to the mountain tops, where you can access some of the best mountain biking tracks in Europe!
- Enjoy a swim at the local pool, soak in the hot tub and enjoy a time-out in the sauna and steam rooms of the Les Menuires sports centre.
- After dinner, venture outside the chalet and use a star app to navigate the awesome starry sky. Also, be the first to spot one of the many shooting stars!
- Another popular activity is white water rafting! Each raft has a professional guide on the boat who will take you along the beautiful Isère river. Over the course of the trip, you will paddle through rapids and enjoy the stunning scenery along the way, and there is even a chance to scramble up a gorge to free-jump a few metres down into the river!
Not only will the fabulous Richmond team be on hand throughout the holiday, but also our ministry leaders who are passionate about seeing God’s work done and his word ministered.
A holiday in the French Alps is a great value with the total price for a family of four starting at just £1,396 for a week in August. This includes accommodation, breakfast, afternoon tea and evening meal with complimentary wine and soft drinks.
So, if you think that the French Alps could be a good fit for your family, please don’t hesitate to contact the office and we can check the availability for you and answer any questions.